Have you resolved to get your financial house in order in 2018? Here are five financial mistakes to avoid in the new year.
- Roth or not? The new tax laws make Roth IRAs and 401ks more appealing. Make sure you take advantage!
- Let it run? The equity markets were good to most investors in 2017. However, don't overlook the importance of rebalancing your portfolio.
- Are you taking unnecessary risk? Most investors view bonds as the "safe" part of their portfolio. Make sure you understand the risk in your bond investments.
- What's your number? How much do you need to save for a secure retirement? If you don't know, now is the time to find out.
- Who gets it when your gone? Nearly 50% of Americans don't have a will. Others wrongly assume their will determines who will get their IRA and 401k accounts. Make sure your legacy goes to those for who you intend it.